The last month has blown by.
I've been fortunate to have been offered a consulting position with my former company, doing my old job. It's the best of both worlds - I get to stay in Shreveport and work from home, while keeping my mind sharp and engaged in the work force. The only catch is that this happens to be our busy time of the year and the work schedule is intense.
My mom has been staying with us the last 3 weeks and I literally could not have done it without her. While I've been pulling 12+ hr work days downstairs, Omie's been taking care of Olivia upstairs. They've had tons of fun together: working on rolling over, dancing to Raffi songs, reading, and playing dress-up. Then at nights, we've had fun as a family, going to all sorts of Fall festivals and pumpkin patches, dinners, and football game parties.
It's been nice to see "the other side of the fence", but I sure am ready to have this downtime to play with my little one. To all you working moms, KUDOS to you!!!
And thanks Mom!!! We've loved having you here!



No comments:
Post a Comment